DB Conan 1.0

DB Conan is a data-retrieval tool. It's named after a manga character, Conan, kind of little Sherlock :).

This tool allows you to define a subset of the database that you're interested in (so you wouldn't be bogged down by unnecessary details / information overload during your testing / investigation activities). Once you have your subset-of-schema -- and some filters that you can also define -- set, you can load the data again and again, without typing any SQL query. This can potentially save your time.

The following slides provide a more detailed description of this application (download the PowerPoint file from Box.net):


The application itself is available on the following URL: http://www.box.net/shared/5ag8ja4eli

The source: https://github.com/rakamoviz/dbconan

Its current status is prototype. Anyway, it's usable; I'm already using it in my daily work. I hope you'll find it useful as well.

I do plan to further develop it (with GUI, etc), but only after I've finished my other project that has been pending for so long (a series of video on how to develop IMS application using SIP-Servlet and VoiceXML). Once I've finished it -- hopefully within this one month period -- I'll get back to this DB Conan. In the meantime, feel free to drop me some feedbacks / questions.