This is a 5-minutes preview of section 2 of the video series "IMS application development using SIP Servlet and VoiceXML. The video series will have 8 sections, with the following organization:
- Segment I
- Overview of IMS and the series: this entry is our first stab at it.
- Brief introduction to SIP: this entry, this one, this one, and this one :).
- Installation of servers (SIP Servlet container, VoiceXML server, Asterisk as media gateway, and sip softphones): here and here.
- Programming SIP Servlet quick course: (so far) this, this, this, this, this, and this :).
- Programming VoiceXML quick course.
- Segment II
- Designing of the EZ IVR
- Implementing EZ IVR
- Testing EZ IZR
Playlist available on YouTube.
The source code of the SIP-servlet crashcourse: http://www.box.net/shared/tk4ghghllg
They're all brewing. Up to this date I already have the narrations done for section 1-5. All the parts for section 2 have been fully recorded, but most of them have not gone through editing room. What I’m showing here is what I managed to come up with last night. When completed, this section 2 will have a demo (and explanation) of SIP calls (various scenarios) and call-tracing (with wireshark).
UPDATE: Date 25 Feb. 2010. Just uploaded the first part of Cataroo (video) presentation. The video is still related to this series (also talks about SIP application development). This time it's about a technique to test such applications, specifically on automating the testings.
Update: I just realized that the series of Cataroo presentation is actually what I had in mind for segment II of this IMS App. Dev. Tutorial. Oh, well.